A frequent user of web hosting services knows how important is cPanel when it comes to reliable and easy web hosting on Linux servers. cPanel is a graphical interface Linux web hosting control panel and provides with many automation tools specially designed to ease the daily tasks of webmasters.One of the feature of cPanel has, is Softaculous Apps Installer, which is a script library that helps in installation of Open Source and Commercial scripts of your website. Here we will be talking about installing WordPress ( one of the most widely used CMS ) using cPanel and Softaculous. Follow below steps
1) Login to your cPanel.
2) Navigate to ‘Softaculous Apps Installer’ section and click on WordPress icon.
3) You will be taken to WordPress installation page and click on ‘Install’ button.
4) You will be now redirected to ‘Software Setup’ page , here you need to enter Protocol , Domain, and Directory ( leave blank if you want to install in ‘/’ directory ), Site Name,Site Description.
5) Scroll down and enter Admin details and language.
6) Select Theme ( if not, default theme will be installed) and hit ‘Install’.
7) WordPress will now install in the specified directory.
8) After installation is complete , you will get a successful installation page.
Your site will be at : www.example.com
Your admin login page will be : www.example.com/wp-admin
9) Your site is ready ! 🙂
Quick Facts about cPanel:
- Every 6 seconds a domain is created using a cPanel server.
- Every 14.5 seconds a cPanel hosting account is created online.
- cPanel is written in Perl.
- Initial release was launched on March 21, 1996.