Want to login to your Google account ? You will not need a ‘Password’ anymore.
Yes ! As per TechCrunch, Google has developed an all new way to login to your account, and the cool part is it doesn’t need a Password. Google also confirmed that this ‘Password-Free’ login is under testing and only few people have been invited to try this new way of login.
What is it?
The new way of logging in to your Google account , without typing your password.
Why they developed this?
Well, its the ‘Google’ way, but the theory behind this technology is that Password is often the weakest part of any account and because of its frequent reuse across all services which user is working on, we need such technologies to secure user accounts.
Adding to this there are many people out there who still use simple passwords like ‘password’ to trust their account. 🙂 This loophole will be covered by ‘Password-Free’ Login.
How will it work?
It will include a notification sent to your mobile which will then open an app where it will ask for your approval and log you in.
What are the benefits?
- Secure Logins.
- Quick Logins ( Yes ! it will be quick, because you’ll not have to type your password again and again 🙂 ).
- Fresh new way of logging in.
- Useful for people having complicated passwords which are difficult to type again and again.
- Protection against Phishing.
How it will work?
- Enter your email address while logging in to Google account.
- A notification will be pushed to your Mobile.
- It will ask for your approval to login.
- Tap ‘Yes’.
- You will now be logged in. 🙂
Where can i read more about it?
Its Google Group page is HERE and is called ‘sign-in-experiments-at-google’.
The group is accessible to specific people and can only be accessed by an Invite from the owner. If you want to participate then you ‘can’ contact owner HERE and request for access.
OR Comment below !