You might have come across many sites over internet which asks you to put in your email and take a file ( like PDF ) in return. If you ever wondered how this can be done on WordPress site then follow these steps.
What all you’ll need:
To get this done you will need 3 WordPress plugins:
- Install all the three plugins i mentioned above.
- Go to Email before Download plugin settings ( http://example.com/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=email-before-download ) and setup Delivery Format, Hide/Mask Real Link, Link Expiration Time values as per your requirement and hit ‘Save Changes’.
3. Now navigate to Contact Form 7 settings and create a contact form ( on left menu Contact > Add New )
4. Give a title to form, remove unwanted fields(highlighted here, else if you wish you can keep them as well) from the form and Save.
5. Once you save the form, make note of the form ID, we’ll use it later ( here it was 825).
6. Now go to Download Monitor and Add the file which your readers will download ( On left menu Download > Add New ).
7. Give a title to Download ( this will be shown to your readers once they fill up the form and submit).
Don’t forget to make a note of the File ID as well, highlighted in the picture above.
8. Add the file using file Downloadable Files/ Versions section
9. Hit Publish.
10. Now create a Page/Post, whichever you want to keep your file at and insert below code.
Where X will be the file id ( for me it was 850, can vary for you ) and Y will be Contact Form ID ( for me it was 825, may vary for you ).
11. Save and Publish the Page/Post.
Here is a sample which i created as a demo.
Do let us know your thoughts in comments section below.